Anyone that knows me well knows that I am an early riser and take a morning walk wherever I may be.
Well this is true even when on vacation, as my various dawn photos over recent days suggests.
Let me tell you a secret that explains why this habit can make a difference to how much you get from your day.
Our days are busy, fast-paced and getting busier – sounds familiar right? My first hour is my gift to myself before all the world awakes and the social pressures begin. I’ve done this for many years and it can work for you too.
I use this time to get the juice I need to ensure I am fit and ready to be the best that I can be for those around me, clients and friends and family alike. This works for me and them in several ways:
- I can evaluate my priorities for the day and week ahead without any distractions
- I get some healthy exercise for mind and body to gain clarity and perspective
- Dawn is breathtaking any time of year but especially now so there are some great photo opportunities, and I feel more connected with myself
- Your mind and creativity is high because there is less noise and urge to meet those goals you have set yourself
- With this daily hour I work highly collaboratively later in the day, as I find it easier to keep my focus on those goals I set above, so those I come into contact with get more value from me
You may prefer a different time of day and a different habit, so give it a try and I hope it works for you as much as it does for me.